During this stage you will need to make a decision!
Things that you need to do:
- Think about when you may want to take your DC pot. Check that this is what is shown on your DC pension record as everything that happens from now will be linked to this date. Visit the website to logon
- Look at the choices that you have at retirement and make an investment choice depending on which route you wish to go down. See the retirement and investment options leaflet in the information library for more information.
- Pay as much as you can into your pension's savings pot. You may wish to consider paying Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs). See the 'Changing my contribution' page for more information
Here’s what we’re doing at United Utilities to help you along the way; we will:
- Invite you to a financial planning session, when you reach the age of 53
- Contact you to explain the choices that you now have to make before you need to make them
- Send you annual reminders to review your pension
- Provide information on investments through our defined contribution newsletter
By the end of this stage you will have moved into a personal journey specific to you and hopefully have a better understanding about which direction you will be heading in and the time you are looking to retire.
If you have any queries please contact the Scheme Administrator Aegon (formerly BlackRock) in the first instance.
Aegon Workplace Investing, PO Box 17486, Edinburgh, EH12 1NU
Tel: 01733 353481