The table below details our employee value measures and targets to 2025. It reports our performance and demonstrates progress in creating a great place to work for all our employees as part of delivering
Performance highlights in 2023 include:
- Ranked 11th in The Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers List.
- Welcomed a further 23 students onto the 10,000 Black Interns programme this year as part of our commitment to offering 120 placements.
- At the 2022 North West Apprenticeship Awards, we won the Recruitment Excellence Award, and were Highly Commended in the Macro Employer of the Year category.
- During the year we have delivered over 20,000 days of training, ensuring our colleagues have the right skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- Employee accident frequency rate for 2022/23 was 0.072 accidents per 100,000 hours worked, lower than the previous year and amounting to nine accidents reported.
To understand the verification process for our data, please see CR reporting.
The progress we have already made to operate in a responsible manner is demonstrated in our 2015-20 measures and targets performance.
|Measure||Target to 2025||2022/23 Performance||2021/22 Performance||2020/21 Performance|
|Employee engagement||Upper quartile against UK utilities norm||Upper quartile||Upper quartile against UK utilities norm||Upper quartile against UK utilities norm|
|Employee Opinion Survey diversity & inclusion questions score||UK high performance norm||Upper quartile||UK high performance norm||UK high performance norm|
|Employee Opinion Survey learning & development category score||UK utilities high performing norm||Upper quartile||UK utilities high peforming norm||UK utilities high peforming norm|
|Living Wage accreditation||Secure and retain||Retained accreditation||Retained accreditation||Secured accreditation|
|Pension Quality Mark +||Retain accreditation||Retained||Retained||Retained|
|AFR Employees (per 100,000 hours)||0.064||0.072||0.073||0.094|
|AFR Contractors (per 100,000 hours)||Year-on-year improvement in score||0.078||0.043||0.087|
|Wellbeing Charter Accreditation||Retain accreditation||Retained||Retained||Retained|