The table below details our employee value measures and targets to 2025. It reports our performance and demonstrates progress in creating a great place to work for all our employees as part of delivering
Performance highlights in 2022 include:
- Leading utility company in The Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers List 2021/22.
- Recruited 25 university students onto the 10,000 Black Interns programme, and have committed to offering 120 placements over the next five years.
- Continuous apprentice recruitment, including 30 Green Apprentices to support our environmental programmes.
- Launched our Digital Skills Academy, a new learning portal for employees to access digital learning content to upskill them for their roles now and in the future.
- Employee accident frequency rate for 2021/22 was 0.073 accidents per 100,000 hours worked, lower than the previous year and amounting to nine accidents reported.
To understand the verification process for our data, please see CR reporting.
From 2020-21 onwards we have adopted a new set of measures for employees to demonstrate how we are fulfilling our purpose which is why there is no trend data this year. The progress we have already made to operate in a responsible manner is demonstrated in our 2015-20 measures and targets performance.
|Measure||Target to 2025||2021/22 Performance||2020/21 Performance|
|Employee engagement||Upper quartile against UK utilities norm||Upper quartile against UK utilities norm||Upper quartile against UK utilities norm|
|Employee Opinion Survey diversity & inclusion questions score||UK high performance norm||UK high performance norm||UK high performance norm|
|Employee Opinion Survey learning & development category score||UK utilities high performing norm||UK utilities high peforming norm||UK utilities high peforming norm|
|Living Wage accreditation||Secure and retain||Retained accreditation||Secured accreditation|
|Pension Quality Mark +||Retain accreditation||Retained||Retained|
|AFR Employees (per 100,000 hours)||0.064||0.073||0.094|
|AFR Contractors (per 100,000 hours)||Year-on-year improvement in score||0.043||0.087|
|Wellbeing Charter Accreditation||Retain accreditation||Retained||Retained|