ESPS and MIS Members
If you are in the Mirror Image Scheme (MIS) section of the United Utilities Pension Scheme or the UUPLC Group of the Electricity Supply Pension Scheme these pension pages will help you to find out further information on your pension
The Mirror Image Scheme (MIS) section of the United Utilities Pension Scheme is looked after by WTW. You can see your pension record held by them by logging onto the ePA (electronic pensions administration) website.
In this site you can:
- See your personal details
- Obtain a quotation of what you could receive at retirement
If you have forgotten or misplaced your username or password please contact WTW on 0113 394 9309
Visit uuplc.myesps.co.uk to register or log into your pensions account for the United Utilities PLC Group of the ESPS.
You will have previously received your unique activation code in the post which will enable you to access your online MyESPS account. If you don’t have your activation code, you can request it from firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, you’ll also need your date of birth, National Insurance number and an email address.
Here’s what you can do when you register and log in:
- View your personal record
- Access important documents
- View benefit statements, or payslips and P60 forms (depending on your membership type)
- Complete an Expression of Wish
- Update your contact information
Any contribution you pay over your core amount (7.5% for MIS members and 6% for ESPS members) is classed as additional voluntary contributions (AVCs).
- You can change/commence AVCs by completing the online pensions application form
- You receive tax relief on AVCs and if you are in PensionSaver* you will also pay less national insurance so it may not cost as much as you think
- AVCs are paid into a DC pot and you would need to decide where this is invested
- The maximum that you can pay into the Scheme (and any other pension arrangement) on a tax efficient basis is restricted by the annual allowance. Please read the attached Annual Allowance leaflet for more information.
*You can start/stop or amend your AVCs at any time. Any regular monthly AVCs will be made under PensionSaver if you are already in the PensionSaver scheme and make amendments on 1 April or due to a lifestyle event. If you pay a one off lump sum or change the amount and it is not because of a lifestyle event you will be opted out of PensionSaver on the AVC until the renewal date of 1st of April.
When can I take my pension?
You can take your pension from age 55. In most cases it will be reduced to reflect early payment.
What will I receive?
When you retire you will receive:
- A pension for life
- A one off tax free lump sum
Requesting a quote
UUPS Members - If you want a quote please log on to your pension details held with WTW (ePA). You will be able to run a quotation yourself through this facility. If you then wish to take your pension benefits you will need to contact your line manager and formally put your request in writing.
UUPLC ESPS Members- For up to date pension figures please contact Railpen. If you then wish to take your pension benefits you will need to contact your line manager and formally put your request in writing.
We run a half day ‘planning for retirement’ session for those employees over the age of 53. A link to the slides used in the session is provided shortly after you attend.
You will also be able to attend a 'pre-retirement' course which provides useful information for people due to retire within 6 - 12 months.