Employee Easter Competition Terms and Conditions
United Utilities’ Easter/Community Garden Week Competition
1. Definitions: In these terms and conditions, “You” means any person who seeks to enter into the competition. “Us”, “we”, “our” or “UUW” refers to United Utilities Water Limited. The term “UU Group” means UUW and each and any subsidiary or holding company from time to time of UUW, and each and any subsidiary from time to time of the holding company of UUW.
2. Competition: To enter You must respond to the competition post on either Yammer or Pipeline by leaving a comment stating how You are saving water in your garden (your “Entry”). Entries through any agents or third parties will not be accepted. There will be one winner who will be chosen in accordance with clause 13.
3. Prizes: 1 (one) gardening hamper which includes the following items:
- Collapsible watering can
- SwellGel sachets
- Flower bulbs
- Hamper basket
- Gardening gloves
- Decorative ornament
There is no cash alternative for the prize.
5. Competition Period: The competition will begin from 15:00 on 03/04/2023 (the “Opening Date”) and will remain open until 23:59 on 10/04/2023 (the “Closing Date”).
6. Eligibility: To enter the competition you must be:
(a) An UU employee
There is a limit of one entry per employee.
7. No Payment: No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this competition.
8. Late Entries: Entries received after the Closing Date will not be included. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. UUW does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware, software failures or technical failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay your entry to the competition.
9. Entrant’s Consent: By entering the competition, You:
(a) confirm that You are eligible to do so and are eligible to claim any prize You may win;
(b) agree that UUW has no obligation to use your content. You must be the author/copyright holder of any content submitted and waive any moral rights in your Entry. Such Entries may be used in future communications including but not limited to Pipeline and Yammer articles and social media posts.
(c) agree and hereby consent to allow any member of UU Group to use your name, address details and photo (and any accompanying material submitted as part of your entry) (the “Entrant Material”) on any media (whether now known or invented in the future) for communications (or in response to any enquiry we receive), without additional remuneration and You agree to grant the UU Group a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license to use the Entrant Material for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Entrant Material to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-license the Entrant Material.
10. Third Party Consent: The entrant must have consent from everyone featured in any photograph(s) submitted as part of the competition.
11. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current GDPR data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent for any other purpose than as stipulated in these term and conditions.
12. The UU Group takes the use of personal data extremely seriously and so if You have any queries regarding the use of your personal data by the UU Group please do not hesitate to contact us at the address referred to in clause 22 below.
13. All eligible entrants will be assigned a number and a random number generator will select the winner. The winner will be contacted in accordance with clause 14, unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
14. The winner will be notified on 11/04/23 via their employee email address. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 14 days of notification, UUW reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and the value of the prize will be given to our preferred charity.
15. UUW will notify the winner when and where the prize is to be collected. Please allow up to 28 days for delivery. UUW will not be responsible for the prize (or any part of any prize) being lost, damaged or delayed in the delivery process.
16. If You are eligible to receive a prize, You acknowledge that the prize is not sold by us and is provided by us only as a free prize. In so far as permitted by law we will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate You or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of You taking up and/or using the prize except where it is caused by our negligence (or that of our employees). You must notify us immediately if You suspect that the prize is in any way defective.
17. Prize Winners:
The prize winners’ details (surname and county of residence) can be obtained for a period of 28 days after the date of the prize draw, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name and date of the competition.
18. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding competitions should be directed to UUW (at the address stipulated at clause 22 below).
19. The competition and these terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
20. UUW shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the respective website and there is no requirement for UUW to notify of these changes. UUW reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, with no warning or explanation.
21. By entering the Competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, if You do not meet with the eligibility criteria as stipulated at clause 6, then your entry will be disregarded.
22. UUW’s contact address is: United Utilities Water Limited, Lingley Mere Business Park, Lingley Green Avenue, Great Sankey, Warrington WA5 3LP (company number 02366678).