Billing FAQs

Have a look through our frequently asked questions to see if we can answer your question.

  • You can add, amend and delete names on your your bill if you are the main account holder, by logging in or registering for My Account.

    Once you have logged in, go to 'My Property' and 'Billing Details' on the homepage and choose the option you require.

  • You can get a copy of your water bill by logging in or registering for My Account. Once you have logged in, please follow the steps below:

    Click ‘view bills and payments’ followed by ‘view bills’
    Select your bill and click ‘request bill copy’
    If you are new to My Account, you will only be able to view your most recent water bill. If you would like a copy of any of your previous bills, please call us on 0345 672 2999

  • Yes, all you have to do is register for our My Account service and choose paperless billing - we'll then email you when your bill is available to view or download. Please visit My Account for details.  

    Still need further information or help? Please Contact us.

  • Yes, registering for My Account is the easiest way to manage your bills online. You can securely request for your bills to be sent to a different mailing address or switch to paperless bills, at a time that suits you.

    Still need further information or help? Please Contact us.

  • If you have a water meter, we send you a bill every six months for the water you have used. The date you receive your bill will depend on when we read your meter. If your meter has just been fitted, your first 'metered' bill could arrive any time up to six months after the meter has been fitted.

    Why not register for My Account? Our free online service allows you to give a meter reading, set up a Direct Debit, make a payment, and take advantage of paperless billing.

  • Council tax bands are different to the rateable value of your home and by law, can’t be used to calculate your water charges. So any changes in your council tax banding won’t affect your water bill.

    We use rateable values for properties without a water meter. These were set by the Inland Revenue prior to 31 March 1990 and were based on factors such as the size, condition and location of your home.

    Why not see if you would be better off with a water meter? If you live alone, have a small family, or live in a property with a high rateable value, you could be missing out on cheaper bills. Please visit our water meters area to decide if a meter is right for you. You can also apply for a water meter online or by calling us on 0345 072 6065. We fit water meters free of charge and you have up to two years to switch back to rateable value charging if you're not making a saving.

    Still need further information or help? If so, please Contact us.

  • We send information every month to credit reference agencies based on the status of your payment arrangement and balance. Each lender uses different criteria to decide whether to give you credit and will consider lots of different information from other companies.

    Still need further information or help? If so, please Contact us.

  • If you’re not using any water at the property, please let us know by calling us on  0345 026 7661 so that we can update your water account and stop sending bills. We may also disconnect your water supply to avoid the risk of water leaks.

    However if you need water for any reason while the property is empty (e.g. while renovating, or for heating or cleaning your property) then charges are still payable.

  • If a water supply is needed for any purpose, for example renovation or central heating, then you are required to pay charges. This still applies even if the property is empty.

    Please call us on the numbers below if you need to talk to us about this further.

    We’re open 8am - 8pm, Monday to Thursuday, 8am -6pm on Friday and 8am - 4pm on Saturdays.

    If you haven't already registered for TAP, the online portal for landlords and letting agents, you might want to think about signing up. It allows you to notify us quickly and online of any changes to a tenancy.