Manhole covers

Damaged or missing covers and lids

If you spot a broken or open manhole, fire hydrants, water meter box, valve or stop tap cover, please cordon it off (wherever possible) and report a manhole fault to us here.

We'll visit the site to make the area safe and if the cover is our responsibility, we'll repair or replace it.

It can be difficult to identify whether a cover is for your drain or our sewer but we should be able to confirm whose responsibility it is from our plans and records.

Here are some examples of what our manhole covers, fire hydrants, water meters and stop tap covers can look like:

If you need to speak to us about manhole covers, please contact our water and wastewater enquiries team.