We're really pleased you're thinking of trying a water meter in your home - thousands of our customers save money on their bills every year by having one fitted.
Before you start:
- make sure you've read our water meters Q&A within our application pack (PDF 2,350 KB opens in a new window) so you understand the conditions of having a water meter fitted
- You must be the named customer (on your bill) in order to apply for a water meter
- Are you a customer of United Utilities? Take a look at our customer supply map
- You can check to see if you would be better off with a water meter using our water calculator below. You can always switch back to an unmetered bill, within two years, if you don't save money.
- We generally fit meters inside your home and while it can take up to eight weeks before the meter is fitted, we'll always try to do it quicker if we can.
If you have any other questions and want to speak to us, please call our water meter team on 0345 072 6065 - we'll be happy to tell you if we think you'll save money with a meter based on your existing bill.
If you're ready to go, you can apply for a water meter now.