Building and developing

Whether you're building your own house or planning a housing or commercial development, we'll work with you to make sure your water and wastewater plans are right for your project. If you know which service you want, there is information on all of our water and wastewater services below.

Before you start, check if your development is in our area.

If any of the work you're planning is near our water and wastewater pipes, please call us on 0345 072 6067 or email us at so we can instruct you on the correct processes to follow to avoid causing any damage or serious injuries. You will be liable for the cost of any damage to our assets.

If it’s a new water supply you need, this leaflet explains our charges and there’s some useful information to read before you start work.

Homeowner renovations


Guidance for replacing lead water pipes, connecting to mains water supply and building an extension.

Small housing development

Small housing developments

Guidance for self-build projects and property developers building up to five houses.

Building a large development

Larger developments, commercial and agriculture

Information for building more than five houses, commercial developments, flats and apartments or agricultural use.


Self-lay schemes

Guidance and forms for developers and contractors.

New appointments and variations

New appointments and variations (NAVS)

NAVs can provide water and sewerage services in some areas.

Our services