How to claim for a leak allowance
Metered customers are able to claim the cost of the water lost during a leak on your internal or external pipework, if you meet the criteria set out below:
Are you eligible to claim an allowance?
You will only be eligible to make a claim if:
We can't grant an allowance if:
What to do if you are eligible
- You need to repair the leak
- Once the leak has been repaired take a meter reading.
- After 14 days please take another meter reading.
You can also download a copy of the leak allowance application form here (PDF 157KB opens in a new window)
What happens once I have completed the form
We will work out the amount of water that was lost during the time you had a leak:
- We will deduct your normal usage from the amount of water recorded during the period of the leak
- We will then apply the difference between the two figures as an allowance on your account – this will be offset against any balance on your account
- We can often make an adjustment on the sewerage part of the bill too. That’s because sewerage charges are based on your water usage.
Please note: Any refund will be added to your next bill.
*You are eligible for one internal leak and one external leak at your current property. If another leak occurs at this property, you may be eligible for a further allowance against sewerage charges if the water running to waste does not enter the sewer network.