I own a home but live elsewhere (such as a holiday home), do I need to have an account?

Yes you still have to pay water charges even if you’re away from your property for part of the year. We would recommend contacting us on 0345 072 6065 to arrange a water meter to be fitted, this way you only pay for the water you use when you’re at home which could help to reduce your existing bill. Alternatively we can temporarily disconnect your water supply when you’re away from home for extended periods for safety reasons.

Related Frequently Asked Questions

I am a landlord and my property is empty, am I responsible for charges?

You only pay charges if your property is occupied, water use is being recorded through your meter, or you receive services from us. We may require you to provide us with evidence if your property is empty.

If I can prove that my property is empty and not using any water can I get this charge reversed?

Yes, if you can provide evidence that your property is empty, for example by supplying a valid council tax exemption/surcharge, we will amend your charges inline with our charges scheme.

If I am renovating my property and only using a small amount of water, do I still have to pay?

If a water supply is needed for any purpose, for example renovation or central heating, then you are required to pay charges. This still applies when the property is empty. If you don’t need a water supply, we may arrange for this to be temporarily disconnected.