CON29DW - information for customers
The content of the CON29DW has been updated to reflect changes to legislation impacting the water industry.
Working in consultation with the Law Society, The Drainage and Water Searches Network (DWSN) have agreed changes to the CON29DW.
Please note, our systems will be updated with the latest changes by Monday 23 May.
We supply Water and Drainage Enquiries, which provide detailed information aboutthe water and wastewater services for any potential property purchase.
We can also help if all you need is a plan of the water or wastewater services within the United Utilities area.
How to check if your search is within the United Utilities area
Visit this website where you can enter the postcode of the property and you'll be advised who you need to contact to continue with your search request.
Still unsure and need some advice?
Products and services
Domestic drainage and water search
This includes the following:
- confirmation of whether the property is connected to a public water supply
- confirmation of how the property is charged for water and wastewater services - either measured (metered) or unmeasured (rateable value)
- confirmation of whether the property is connected to a public sewer (there may be a sealed tank, septic tank or other private disposal facilities for which discharge consents may be needed. The owner will be responsible for maintenance of these)
- confirmation of whether the property is close to, or is affected by, water mains or public sewers. United Utilities can (with reasonable notice) require entry to the land for inspection, repair or replacement and could even restrict the properties use or development/extension
- confirmation of the location and distance of the nearest wastewater treatment works
- the latest published water quality information for the water zone the property is located in
Commercial drainage and water search
This includes all of the above, plus:
- confirmation of whether the current occupier has consent to discharge trade effluent
- confirmation of easements affecting the site