Our household charges 2019/2020
Our household charges scheme relates to the period starting 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020.
Below is a summary of our tariffs that form part of our charges scheme for 2019/2020 (PDF 944 KB opens in a new window).
Our average household water bill for 2019/20 is £441.31, an increase of 2.1 per cent compared to our 2018/19 charges.
Your water bill will be more or less than this amount depending on the services you receive from us and whether you have a water meter or your charges are based on your home's rateable value. Please visit 'Understanding your bill' to watch a short video which explains how we calculate your charges.
In straightforward terms, we charge you for the following services:
- Supplying clean water to your home
- Taking away and cleaning all your dirty water (which we call sewerage services)
- Taking away all the rainwater that falls on your home and the public roads and footpaths
- Standing charges to cover essential services such as reading your water meter (if you have one), sending bills and dealing with enquiries
Please note that charges are shown exclusive of any VAT and are annual, unless stated otherwise.
Household charges if you don't have a water meter
Unmeasured water charges
|Standing charge||Charge per £RV*|
Unmeasured sewerage charges
|Foul drainage charge per £RV||Surface water drainage charge per £RV||Highway drainage charge per £RV||Total charge per £RV*|
|No surface water drainage service||£1.044||n/a||£0.145||£1.189|
|Surface water drainage and highway drainage services only||n/a||£0.560||£0.145||£0.705|
*RV charges: if you don't have a water meter, your bill is a fixed amount each year based on the rateable value of your home. To calculate your bill, we multiply your rateable or charging value by the £RV charge shown in the table above.
Household charges if you have a water meter
Measured water charges
|Standing charge||Volumetric charge per m3|
Assumes a 15mm meter has been fitted.
If premises only receive a water service the standing charge will be £31.68
Measured sewerage charges
|Standing charge||Foul drainage volumetric charge per m3||Surface water drainage fixed charge||Highway drainage fixed charge|
|No surface water drainage service||£6.84||£1.269||n/a||£32.13|
Assessed charges - when we're unable to fit a water meter
If you live in a household property and you have applied to have a meter fitted free of charge (including altered household premises) but a meter cannot be installed, an assessed charge is available, comprising of a fixed annual amount varying according to the type of premises except where only one person lives at the premises:
|Type of premises||Water||Sewerage||Total|
|Single person household (not applicable to any property with a swimming poor larger than 10,000 litres)||£100.65||£174.35||£275.00|
|Detached (includes houses, link detached houses and bungalows)*||£253.00||£274.57||£527.57|
|Semi-detached (includes houses and semi-detached bungalows)*||£228.24||£258.30||£486.54|
|Other household premises (includes flats and terraced houses)*||£167.21||£218.17||£385.38|
Larger property - a property which either:
*excludes properties which meet the larger property criteria
If premises are not connected to the public sewer system for surface water drainage, either directly or indirectly, the sewerage charge for each type of premises will be reduced by £73.03
Watersure - a charge for vulnerable groups
If you are eligible for this charge it is based on the average household charge.
|Average household charge||£210.18||£231.15||£441.33|
If premises are not connected to the public sewer system for surface water drainge, either directly or indirectly, the sewerage charge for each type of premises will be reduced to £158.12.
Help to pay
If you are eligible the annual charges is
If you are eligible the annual charges is
- Discount for Direct Debit payers - if you pay by Direct Debit an annual discount of £5.00 will be made to your account
- If you pay your water services via a registered social landlord or local authority that is participating in our scheme, an annual discount of £10.00 will be applied to your account.
- Owners' allowance - an annual allowance of 3.5% is available to owners of premises who, by agreement with us, undertake to pay unmetered charges for one or more tenanted household properties. To qualify for the allowance, payment must be made as stated on your bill
- Other water companies' charges - charges will be different if you live near the borders of our area and receive water supply or sewerage services from another company
- Enquiries over basis of charge - if you are moving into a household property within our area you can obtain details of our charges for that property by telephoning 0345 672 2888
Our assurance statement - charges submission 2019/2020 can be viewed here (PDF 2,783 KB opens in a new window)
Prior year's charges