I have a leak inside my house. What should I do?

If you have a leak on a pipe inside your home, it's a job for a plumber. It's also worth checking if your household insurance covers plumbing emergencies.

When choosing a plumber, it's a good idea to use a member of an approved contractors' scheme. Head to the WaterSafe website to find your nearest qualified knight in shining overalls.

If the leak is on your supply pipe (the outside pipe that runs under your garden, path or driveway and brings water into your home) it is still technically your responsibility - but we will try to help out in the interests of saving water and saving you unnecessary stress! We run a scheme for just this eventuality - you can read more about our private leak repair scheme here (PDF 659 KB opens in a new window) or call us on 0345 672 3723.


Still need further information or help? Please Contact us.