Why is my balance showing as in credit?

If you’re a metered customer, the balance showing on your account will go towards your next bill. 

If you would like to refund a credit on your account, please give us a meter reading so that we can bill you for the water you have used. Any remaining credit balance can either be refunded or left on your account towards your next bill. If you would like to request a refund, please call us on 0345 672 2888.

If you've recently moved home within our region (North West England), any credit on your account will automatically be transferred to your new address and will appear on your next bill.

However, if you are moving out of our region, or moving to a property where you are no longer responsible for paying the water bill, please call us on 0345 672 2888 so we can refund your credit directly into your bank account (subject to your account status) or refund you by cheque.