If I can prove that my property is empty and not using any water can I get this charge reversed?

Yes, if you can provide evidence that your property is empty, for example by supplying a valid council tax exemption/surcharge, we will amend your charges inline with our charges scheme.

Related Frequently Asked Questions

If I am renovating my property and only using a small amount of water, do I still have to pay?

If a water supply is needed for any purpose, for example renovation or central heating, then you are required to pay charges. This still applies when the property is empty. If you don’t need a water supply, we may arrange for this to be temporarily disconnected.

I own a home but live elsewhere (such as a holiday home), do I need to have an account?

Yes you still have to pay water charges even if you’re away from your property for part of the year.

I own a property where the water is not in use, do I still have to pay water charges?

If you’re not using any water at the property, please let us know so that we can update your water account and stop sending bills. If you need water for any reason, including heating or cleaning, then charges are still payable.