I am a landlord and my property is empty, am I responsible for charges?

If a water supply is needed for any purpose, for example renovation or central heating, then you are required to pay charges. This still applies even if the property is empty.

If you can prove that the property is empty and not using water, for example by supplying a valid council tax exemption/surcharge, we will amend your charges in line with our charges scheme.

Please call us on the numbers below if you need to talk to us about this further.

We’re open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm excluding bank holidays.

If you haven't already registered for TAP, the online portal for landlords and letting agents, you might want to think about signing up. It allows you to notify us quickly and online of any changes to a tenancy.