Why has my payment plan increased?
Your payments may have increased if you have recently moved home as your bill could cover a longer period than usual.
If you don’t have a water meter the increase is likely due to:
- you have recently moved home and the yearly charge is higher at your new address due to your rateable value increasing
- you reduced your instalment amounts for your Direct Debit and they have been increased to cover the outstanding charges
If your home has a water meter the increase is likely due to:
- visitors coming to stay or a new baby in the family
- new appliances in your home using more water. For example, a power shower uses twice as much water as a normal shower
- previously estimated bills
- a balance brought forward from a previous bill, or your previous bill may have had a credit on it which has been used up
- the amount of your payment plan may not have been enough to cover your bill
Still not figured out what could have caused your bill increase? Please follow our guide to help identify the reason.
If you need further information, please click here to understand more about your bill.
Don’t forget, you can order FREE water saving gadgets from us to help reduce your water usage and save money on your bills.
Did you find this page useful?
We would love your feedback
Let us know how we can make our content better for you
Thanks for your feedback