Dealing with the loss of a loved one or a family friend can be a difficult time, with lots of things to think about and do.
We're here to help support you through this as easily as possible. Please phone our dedicated bereavement line 0800 912 7249, where our trained team are on hand to help with any queries you may have.
If sorting out the paperwork quickly is important to you, you may want to gather the following information for when you call (if not, that’s fine too - our team will be happy to take your call either way):
- details of your loved one or friend, including their address and their date of death
- United Utilities account number (if available)
- whether the property is owned or rented
- an up-to-date water meter reading (if available)
- the full name, forwarding address and contact telephone number of the person or executor who is legally looking after the affairs of your loved one or friend
You may also want to think about registering for Priority Services, our free scheme which supports customers with additional needs such as ill health, disability, mental health problems, financial worries or language barriers. You can register online here or call our dedicated Priority services team on 0345 072 6093.