If you're already a United Utilities customer and receive a water bill from us, please fill in our online form or give us a quick call on 0345 026 7661 and we’ll update your water account address and any other necessary details.
When you call, it should only take about 10 minutes to update your details. We’ll ask you for:
- the date you moved (or are due to move) out of your home
- a reading from your old address if you had a water meter (and your new address if you have already moved). Not sure how to read your meter? Find help here
- your new address or forwarding details
If possible, it would also help us to know:
- your account number (you can find this on a water bill)
- the name of the person moving into your old address
- if you’re renting, the name and address of your landlord or housing association
If you're already one of our customers, you can also use My Account to let us know you're moving or have already moved.
When do you need to tell us?
Ideally, we need to know about your move no sooner than 28 days before the removal van turns up on your doorstep! Don’t worry if you’ve already changed address – just fill in our online form or call us on 0345 026 7661 so we can update your details.