Before you start
- Applications must be made by the property owner(s), we are unable to accept applications made on the property owner’s behalf.
- We would suggest you don’t start work to install the new supply pipe on your property until we have approved your application.
In submitting this form I confirm that:
- All information provided is correct to the best of my knowledge. If any information is incorrect, I’m aware that it could cause a delay in completing my connection, or the withdrawal of any agreement from United Utilities to complete the connection.
- I understand all pipework will need to comply with the current Water Supply Regulations 1999 and if I use a WIAPS approved plumber they can supply a certificate. If I use a non-WIAPS approved plumber United Utilities will need to inspect the pipework before it can be connected and, if the first inspection fails, a charge may be applied for subsequent inspections.
- I understand that the connection will take up to six weeks from the date United Utilities inspects it or receives the WIAPS certificate. I understand it can take longer in some circumstances ie if major work is needed on the United Utilities’ water network, or more assessments or permits are needed.
- If my house is on a common supply (a water pipe that supplies water to two or more properties using a shared stop tap), I will be responsible for the disconnection of the existing supply.