If you've been flooded by sewage inside or outside your home, we understand this is a distressing and anxious time. Please call us on 0345 672 3723 as soon as possible and we'll send a team to help with the clean up.
- We can remove sewage flood water from your home or garden
- We will clean and disinfect areas affected by the sewage flood
- We will help with the clean-up of the public highway if this has been affected by the sewage flooding incident.
If sewage flooding enters your home we automatically refund your sewerage charge for the year (minimum payment £150 up to a maximum of £1,000 per incident).
In addition to this sum, we will automatically pay you up to £100 for the disturbance the sewage flooding causes. We will determine the amount payable on a case-by-case basis.
For more information, please see our standards of service (PDF 2,624 KB opens in a new window).
We investigate the cause of sewage flooding following all reported incident.
You should also take the following precautions to protect you and your family:
- Give your insurance company or landlord a call straight away
- Wash your hands after being in contact with flood water
- Wash clothing and fabrics through to destroy any harmful bugs
- Dry all affected areas thoroughly. Inside your property, use heating and good ventilation, as this will help with the drying process
- Keep open cuts or sores clean and covered up at all times
- Let children play in flood water or grassed/paved areas until those areas have been thoroughly cleaned
- Try to clean waterlogged garden areas or dig over contaminated soil; leave the sewage residue to decay naturally.
As a guide to the number of days you should leave your garden before cleaning up, please see the table below.