What is section 102?

It is a provision in the Water Industry Act which allows an owner of a private sewer to apply to their sewerage provider (United Utilities, in this case) to take over responsibility for the sewer.

Lots of private sewers were automatically transferred to us back in 2011, but there are still some which remain under private ownership.

Section 102 gives these private sewer owners the opportunity to apply to us to see if we can take over responsibility.

Need to know more? Please Contact us.


Related Frequently Asked Questions

How can I find out if the sewers have sufficient capacity to service my development?

When you apply for a sewer connection or adoption, our engineers will take the capacity of the local sewer system into consideration, so that we can advise you of your options.

How do I get in touch about replacing lead or common supply pipes?

If you want to replace a lead or common supply pipe, you can fill in an online application form or call us on 0345 072 6082.

What are your opening hours?

Our water and wastewater emergencies call centre is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The phone number is 0345 672 3723.