Your payments may have increased if you have recently moved home as your bill could cover a longer period than usual.
If you don’t have a water meter the increase is likely to be because:
- you have recently moved home and the yearly charge is higher at your new address
- you reduced your instalment amounts for your Direct Debit and they have been increased to cover the outstanding charges
If your home has a water meter the increase is likely to be due to:
- visitors coming to stay or a new baby in the family
- new appliances in your home using more water. For example, a power shower uses twice as much water as a normal shower
- previously estimated bills
- a balance brought forward from a previous bill, or your previous bill may have had a credit on it which has been used up
- the amount of your payment plan may not have been enough to cover your bill
Still not figured out what could have caused your bill increase? Pleasee follow our guide to help identify the reason.
If you need further information, please click here to understand more about your bill.