Benefits of becoming a graduate at United Utilities
Our people are really important to us which is why we offer an excellent package of pay and benefits to all of our employees.
As a graduate, you will receive a fantastic range of benefits. How does all of this sound?
- A starting salary of £28,500 plus a £2,000 welcome bonus
- Annual increases to your salary as you progress through the scheme
- An annual bonus scheme linked to the company’s performance and your own contribution, where you could earn a bonus of up to 7.5% of your salary
- A massive 26 days of annual leave every year, which will increase to a maximum of 30 days after four years’ service, PLUS bank holidays. You can also buy additional holidays or sell some of your holiday entitlement back if that suits you
- An award-winning Company pension scheme with a generous contribution from the company every month, alongside ill-health and life cover benefits
- A fantastic healthcare scheme, helping with things like the everyday costs of trips to the dentist or optician, as well as providing you with access to medical specialists and even private treatment if you need it
- Eligibility to join our employee share plan, enabling you to become a shareholder in the Company
- All sorts of other benefits to suit your lifestyle, including discounted gym memberships and our Cycle to Work scheme
- A massive selection of deals and discounts for your favourite online and high street stores, all intended to save you money every day
Opportunity on tap!
One of the perks is spending a week at Outward Bound in Cumbria. Watch this video to see our latest intake of graduates take on the challenge.
Here are some of the fantastic locations you might find yourself in
The Lake District
You could find yourself working in the beautiful Cumbrian countryside. Our apprentices head to Wastwater for a fantastic week of team building.
You could be working on some big construction projects, including the creation of new reservoirs and treatment works.
From innovative science labs to award winning contact centres, our head office at Warrington has it all. You might even spot our resident heron!
You may be lucky enough to spend time in stunning natural environments like Entwistle Reservoir, near Bolton.
This seaside location is home to one of our customer contact centres. This area is also home to some of our water and wastewater treatment works.
You could work at one of Europe’s largest wastewater treatment works, which is located in Manchester.