There are so many options for your son or daughter to consider regarding their future and making the best choice at a young age is going to be a tough decision.
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a job with training which allows your son or daughter to earn while they learn, whilst working to government and Ofsted approved standards.
We have lots of different roles on offer, including the opportunity to work on big exciting projects in the engineering team, the chance to work on a treatment plant, cooking up a storm in our state-of-the-art labs, working in our head office or your child could find themselves out on the network fixing leaks.
Our apprentices are supported all the way through their apprenticeship with a dedicated mentor and manager.
We’ve got a great track record of employing our apprentices too. We recently gave all 42 apprentices from our last intake a full time job.
Why an apprenticeship at United Utilities?
- Starting salary of £12,500 (depending on the role) which increases annually
- 26 days a year annual leave excluding bank holidays
- Ofsted approved courses
- Dedicated mentor throughout their apprentice programme
- Private healthcare scheme
- Award winning pension scheme
- Employee share buy scheme
- Personal development opportunities throughout their career
- Every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme as long as they have met all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme