1. This free competition is open to United Utilities Water Limited’s (UUW) customers only. For these purposes, “customer” means any person over the age of 18 whose permanent residence is a domestic dwelling which is supplied with water by UUW. Unfortunately, this competition is not open to persons aged under 18 years old.
2. In these terms and conditions, “You” means any person who seeks to enter into the competition. “Us”, “we” and “our” refers to UUW.
3. Employees, agencies or suppliers of UUW and of the group of companies of which UUW is part (UU Group) may enter this competition but in the event that such person wins this competition they hereby agree to donate the prize to a charity of their choice. UUW’s decision in relation to a person’s eligibility to enter this competition shall be final.
4. To take part in this competition You must share or retweet the post and comment with #WIN on the competition post to participate on the United Utilities Facebook and Twitter page on 07 May 2019.
6. This competition is only open to individuals who are over the age of 18 in their personal capacity and is not open to businesses. Only the person who has replied to our Facebook / Twitter / Instagram post shall be treated as the entrant, and it is not possible for any person to enter this competition on behalf of any other person.
7. Only one entry per Facebook / Twitter / Instagram account is permitted and so the first entry submitted by each Facebook / Twitter / Instagram account will be accepted to take part in this competition in accordance with these terms and conditions and any subsequent entries from the same Facebook / Twitter / Instagram account will not be accepted and will be automatically disregarded.
8. Closing date: All entries must be posted on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram by 5pm on 09 May 2019. (or such other date as UUW may specify and give notice of via its Facebook / Twitter page). All entries received after the closing date and time will not be accepted and will be automatically disregarded.
9. The UU Group does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware, software failures or technical failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay You submitting an entry by the closing date.
10. The prize is one BabyDam bundle in your choice of green, pink or blue, the bundle includes the BabyDam Bathwater Barrier, BabyDam ChangeMat and the BabyDam family of 5 ducks. Cost of installation of the prize is not included and is the responsibility of the winner. Any other costs outside of the items contained in the bundle are the responsibility of the winner. There will be one winner. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value at our absolute discretion. There is no cash alternative to the prize. The prize is non-refundable, non-negotiable and non-transferable. Subject to clause 3, the prize cannot be claimed by any third party on your behalf.
11. The winner will be chosen at random from all entrants who meet the criteria for entry. The decision of the independent judge will be final.
12. The winner will be chosen and notified via Facebook / Twitter / Instagram by 5pm on 10 May 2019 (or such later date as UUW may determine and give notice of via its Facebook / Twitter / Instagram page). Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified. UUW reserves the right to require the winner to provide evidence that they are eligible to enter and win this competition.
13. If UUW is unable to contact the winner within 14 days of the date on which they are judged to be the winner pursuant to clause 11 or the winner fails to claim the prize within 14 days of being contacted by UUW or the winner fails within 14 days of being contacted by UUW to demonstrate to the satisfaction of UUW that they are eligible to enter and win the competition, then UUW shall select a replacement winner in accordance with clause 11 above.
14. UUW’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants (including, without limitation, whether to accept any entry) and we will not enter into any further correspondence or discussion.
15. Please allow 28 days for delivery of the prize. UU will not be responsible for the prize (or any part of any prize) being lost, damaged or delayed in the delivery process.
16. If You win this competition and therefore receive the prize, You acknowledge that the prize is not manufactured or sold by us and is provided by us only as a free prize. You are responsible for inspecting the prize and ensuring that it is free from defects and safe to use before You use or install it. In so far as permitted by law, we will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the winner taking up and/or using the prize except where it is caused by our negligence (or that of our employees). You must notify us immediately if You suspect that the prize is in any way defective or unsafe. You must also ensure that the prize is installed correctly for use and maintenance of the prize is down to You.
17. The prize winners’ name and county can be obtained for a period of one month after the notification date, by writing to us at the address set out below and stating the name and date of the competition.
18. By entering into this competition You:
a. confirm that You are eligible to do so and are eligible to claim any prize You may win; and
b. agree and hereby consent to allow any member of the UU Group to use your name, details and photo (and any accompanying material submitted as part of your entry) on any media (whether now known or invented in the future) for advertising and publicity purposes in relation to this competition (or in response to any enquiry we receive as referred to in paragraph 17) and for any other reasonable promotional purpose, without additional remuneration and You agree to grant UUW a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in Your competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence Your competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
19. This competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
20. UUW reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend this competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
22. The UU Group takes the use of personal data extremely seriously and so if You have any queries regarding the use of your personal data by the UU Group please do not hesitate to contact us at the address referred to below.
23. UUW’s contact address is: BabyDam Bundle competition, Marketing Department, United Utilities Water Limited, Lingley Mere Business Park, Lingley Green Avenue, Great Sankey, Warrington WA5 3LP (company number 02366678).