Where your money goes
It's our job to bring great water to 3.2million homes – not to mention 200,000 businesses - and to take it all away again so they can simply get on with their day.
Behind the scenes (and often underground) we manage a network of reservoirs, treatment works, pumping stations, water pipes and sewers to make sure water is always on tap and you can flush and forget.
Some of the money you pay us is spent improving that infrastructure. We need to make sure we can deliver the service you expect now, and in the future as we see changes in the population, climate and technology.
From 2010 to 2015 we are spending approximately £3.5 billion to:
- Keep the rivers and coastline in the NW clean and healthy by upgrading wastewater treatment works
- Upgrade our sewers to make sure they can cope with the changes in the population and rainfall and reduce the risk of flooding
- Keep water running through your taps by developing new sources and reducing leakage
- Improve drinking water quality by protecting the land around the reservoirs and using better treatment technologies
- Invest in technologies to reduce our impact on the natural environment and the climate
You can find more details about our investment in your area
Email this page